Tuesday, October 18, 2011

First haircuts

Skylar has been asking to get her haircut for months now and I kept telling her we would get it cut for her birthday… hoping she would forget. :(

Well, she didn't forget.

So, we made a trip to the salon today and decided it was time to get Grey's mullet cut while we were there. Skylar kept telling me she wanted it short and so I was showing her pictures of other girls' haircuts and she kept saying she didn't like those. I asked her what she wanted and she said, "I want it short, like Grey's." Absolutely not.

We compromised with an in-between stage…

She did great sitting still and holding her head down and to the side for the lady. If only she would do the same for me when I'm trying to brush it.
Grey was equally enthralled with getting his haircut and sat in the chair like a pro. He did keep looking back at the lady when she would cut the sides, but overall, he did great!
They were both very serious about this business!
The juice and teddy grahams helped...
No more baby curls!
After bath tonight, I brushed his hair back and this is what it did. All on its own!





No comments: