Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pittbaby Ultrasound!

Last Friday I had my first ultrasound of Pittbaby! I was so excited and so nervous about this! I've been seriously worried that something was terribly wrong this go around. I mean, we have such a wonderful, perfect daughter, how could we get so lucky next time? And being surrounded by other children who weren't so lucky everyday? I'm constantly aware of how frequently it happens.

So we had our ultrasound and got to see pittbaby; however, there is one issue that will need further observation in the future. Instead of having an umbilical cord with 3 vessels, mine only has two- an anomaly that sometimes happens during development. Basically, this means that the baby might not get enough nutrients through the cord as it will need. Nothing to worry about now, but will definitely want to keep an eye on it in the future. As for me right now, it means that I get at least two more ultrasounds!

They also took blood for genetic testing and are going to check my blood sugar to make sure it is normal since I had diabetes last time. They will probably check this each visit from now on.

Without further comment, here are the pics:
The first is a 3-D pic of our little monkey- don't be alarmed- pittbaby just hasn't started developing any fat yet! You can see the profile of the baby with it's legs sticking up by it's head! At one point, pittbaby even started playing with it's toes- so cute!
Regular image of the same thing.
Little feet!
Little fingers- nice enough to spread them wide for us! I don't know about you, but they look long to me!

No comments: