Sunday, September 13, 2009

Aftynne's Baby Shower

A friend of mine from work is due on the 25th with her first baby- a little girl name Mackenzie! She is a trouper- considering that she is one of the PE coaches and works in a gym with no air conditioning! Can you imagine!?! I'm super excited to hear about her labor/delivery and have enjoyed seeing her growing belly these past few months and following along with her on her blog! She is great at updating pics of herself and make me more determined to get some cute maternity pics this time around!

For her shower, I made a diaper cake- the first one I've ever made- from instructions off the internet. My plan was to get my mom to help me since she has done several and they've always looked great- but she was sick and was afraid to pass anything along to me! Even w/o her help, I'm pretty excited about how it turned out!

Here is the whole gang who showed up for the shower at Mimi's in Friendly. They have GREAT food!
Tricia was the planner of the event and made this super cute bunny for Aftynne!
The cake- super yummy!
And of course, the mom-t0-be, looking great!

3 comments:

SarahRachel said...

Oh my gosh. That diaper cake is a masterpiece. Darn you and your creativity! ;-) Looks like a fun shower and what a cute preggo she is!

The Alston's said...

Beautiful cake brandi!! It looks so much better than the ones I've done...lol. Looks like everyone had a good time.

Jessica Thommarson said...

i just made one for a shower i threw on saturday too. so easy to do! and so cute. though mine was for a boy and wasn't as pretty. :-)

and i forgot to take pictures. :-(

sad!