Friday, June 4, 2010

Baby Jacob

Ok- the last week has been PACKED, but finally, I got some pictures up on Baby Jacob on the blog to give Heather and Kevin a little sneak peak! Baby Jacob was 11 days old back when I took these pictures and Heather and Kevin were still adjusting to life with a newborn: sleepless nights, lots of hours nursing, lots of guests, and lots of snuggling. :)

On a side note, I was especially excited to go meet Baby Jacob since Heather and I have been friends since elementary school. So, of course, I had to beg her to let me come take some pictures... (I am just now trying to gain a "client base" and am trying to get as much practice in as possible!) It feels very weird to offer my "services" to a friend (or anyone really) knowing that I believe I can do a good job... but there is always a little doubt. So the entire time I'm thinking, "what if I mess up?" "What if my shots aren't good?" "Should I shoot in aperture mode instead of manual just in case?" "What if there isn't good natural light in the house?" (I don't do very well with flashes yet...) And so on and so forth... you get the idea.

So, basically I was really nervous the entire time, but also really excited to meet baby Jacob and sit with Heather and find out how the birth went and how life has been since. And, since I was so nervous and figured I would be doing most of my shooting indoors, I brought along my old pair of glasses so that I would be able to focus better. However, halfway through the shoot, Heather took a break to feed Jacob and I took the time to flip through the LCD to check out the shots I took... and realized most of them were out of focus! I was so sad! and kind of humiliated! And realized it was because of my glasses! I was so used to shooting without them that they were actually messing me up... Oh well, lesson learned. Luckily, I got plenty of great ones anyway.

Meet Baby Jacob.


And Kevin. There was a great mirror right above his changing table (which had some great light on it) and I had a lot of fun playing with the mirror! I couldn't decide which one I liked better: The one where Jacob is more in focus and Dad is smiling. Or.

The one where Dad is in focus and Jacob is looking up at him?

And then of course, there is always the one where Mom is helping her son take care of his son... LOVE her expression here! Such a mom face!

Sweet boy in the yummy light!
You might remember this pose from Grey's newborn pics... but I still love it.

Love that Heather's hands are in this one! And those scrunchy little lips!
Hah! Couldn't resist!

Mom soothing baby down for a nap.

And Jacob in his crib- love the cool bedding!

And Jacob asleep on his shelf... I thought it looked like a cool idea... And it would be better if I could figure out how to post edit it and get the glare off of the shelf walls! But alas, I will have to learn how to edit my pics later on!

Yay, I got Heather to laugh in this one!



And a semi-family portrait to end!


Thanks Heather and Kevin for letting me come up and crash your family day! I enjoyed seeing you guys and meeting Baby Jacob- he is one lucky little dude with two GREAT parents!



No comments: