Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas in NC

We were so blessed this Christmas season that there was no time for blogging; and the list of things that I wanted to blog about was so long that it stressed me out thinking about it! So I avoided it like the plague!

But, I do want to remember the feelings, expressions, and sentiments expressed this year because it was probably my favorite Christmas with the kids. Well, technically, it was the first Christmas with the kid(s) since it was Grey's first, but you get the point.

So, we started Christmas Eve eve at our house with my Mom, my brother and his family. We attempted to go to the Tanglewood Festival of Lights to see the several-mile-long light display and perhaps ride through on a hayride and take a pit-stop to get some hot chocolate and apple cider. However, upon arrival, at opening time, we discovered the line was already three-hours-long! Obviously the kiddos could not stand to wait in a stopped car for three hours, no matter how many songs we sang, so we turned tail and drove back home. Sad, since Skylar has been super excited about all of the Christmas lights she's seen around town this season.

However, she wasn't too disappointed since she got to open up her first presents (well, besides the three that she snuck up to her room a few weeks ago to open). You can see the excitement on her face! Its so hard not to spoil your children when you want them to be excited and make these types of faces!
Grey was also pretty excited about opening presents. Although he had not ripped any paper off of the presents before this, he made sure that no bows were still attached after each wrapping session. When we finally let him open presents he kept looking back at us like, really?, I can do this?
Christmas Eve, we went over to Granny's house to see my extended family, eat and open more presents. This year it was all about the cameras.
Grey was sporting his Elf hat and slippers and him and Skylar had on matching Christmas shirts. Sadly, I did not get any pictures of them wearing them! I guess I'll just have to put them back on them this week for a photo op! Grey has learned to pull up to standing position and pulls up on everything! Although he usually has no idea what to do once he is up.
And these chunky cheeks belong to Mr. Mason, my cousin's baby who was born one month after Grey. How cute is he?!
Stay tuned for the next installment: Christmas in Oak Ridge, TN!


No comments: